Dr. Özarar has been active in the information security industry for the last 16 years. He is capable of viewing abstract and present cyber security concepts through a business lens. He has previously acted as the software engineer, project manager and R&D officer at TürkTrust. Currently, he is the Director of Technical Services at InfoSec Global (ISG) HQ. Moreover, he is conducting regional operations in Middle East and North Africa as a managing director of the local branch. He is serving as security researcher, validator, technical expert, responder, business developer and lead for global accounts. Besides, he is one of the pioneers of the digital signatures in the region.
He has graduated from METU Computer Engineering and Mathematics departments with a Honor’s double major program. He has further received his two M.Sc. degrees from Computer Engineering and Cryptography departments. He also holds a dissertation on Computer Security and Applied Cryptography from METU. Mert has several publications and book chapters on Information Security and is also an affiliated faculty at METU.
– Global Entrepreneur. Founded ISG Turkey jurisdiction. ISG is a world-wide brand on cryptography and applied cyber security. Turkey branch serves as a hub between N. America-Europe and Middle East-N. Africa.
– Leader with a focus on execution, growing world-class teams, building, delivering and supporting quality solutions to meet the customer’s need.
– Proficient experience in the computer security industry, with a focus on solving broad technically-challenging problems in both consumer and enterprise spaces.
– Technical due diligence in M&A activities.
– Research and development of systems in the cryptography, security and privacy.
– Strategy, design, and management of the end-to-end IT security life cycle for consumer applications.
– Enterprise or commercial segment product strategy development leading to multi-year road maps.